The mini Onavillu is a miniature form of the big long Onavillu which can be carried easily and can be kept as a tabletop decor.
- Also known as Pallivillu, Onavillu is a ceremonial bow presented to the deity of Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple in Thiruvananthapuram during the festival of Onam.
- By tradition, the right for making Onavillu is vested with Vilayil Veedu family in Thiruvananthapuram.
- The family makes six pairs of Pallivillu in three different sizes with each pair having similar paintings on it.
- All the incarnations of Lord Vishnu are depicted in the hand-painted bows which are made using only five colours, the Panchavarna (white, green, red, yellow and black).
- Onavillu is made of Kadambu, Maruthu, Jack Fruit and Aanjili trees.