Symphony Celestial Concise Edition Volume 1
- Symphony Celestial Concise Edition Volume 1 features one performance each from six popular classical dance forms of India. Each performance comes with an introduction to the dance form, presented by an expert. Duration of the video is 60 minutes.
- Sujata Mohapatra presents Mangalacharan (Ganesha Vandana), in Odissi, the classical dance of Orissa, the eastern state of India. The theme of Odissi usually revolves around the divine tales of Radha and Lord Krishna.
- In Kuchipudi, the classical dance of the State of Andhra Pradesh, you would find Manju Bharggavee presenting Bhamakalaapam. Kuchipudi is exceptional as it combines graceful movements, fast rhythmic footwork, subtle facial expressions and narration.
- Pali Chandra presents Om Jayanti Mangala Kari in Kathak, the classical dance of Northern India. Kathak carries the quaint charm of folk arts and a happy synthesis of Hindu and Muslim traditions.
- Manipuri, the classical dance from India’s north eastern State of Manipur has for you Bimbavati Devi presenting Nani Churi. It is a graceful, peaceful and lyrical dance form which features the relationship between Lord Krishna and his beloved companion Radha.
- Anita Sharma presents Nandi in Satriya the classical dance form that originated in the Island of Majuli in Assam. Satriya was introduced by Srimanta Shankar Dev of the Vaishnavite sect to propagate their religion.
- In Bharatanatyam, the classical dance form of the State of Tamil Nadu, watch Anita Ratnam as she presents Andal Kouthuvam. This dance form is based on ‘Natya Sasthra’ written by the sage Bharata and hence the name Bharatanatyam.
- Additional Information
Format MP4 Duration 60 minutes Subtitle English Hardcoded