Symphony Celestial Concise Edition Volume 2 - Excerpts from six classical dance forms of India
- Symphony Celestial Concise Edition Volume 2 has one performance each from six classical dance forms of India, with introduction to each one by an expert.
- Dr. Deepti Omchery Bhalla presents Swathipadam in Mohiniyattam, the classical dance of Kerala. Mohiniyattam, the dance of the Mohini, the celestial enchantress of Hindu mythology, is replete with laasya or sensuality.
- In Kathakali, the troupe from Margi performs an excerpt from Kalyanasougandhikam, a chapter from the epic Mahabharata. The story depicts the travails of Bheema who goes in search of Sougandhika flowers at the behest of his beloved wife Panchali.
- Kalamandalam Sivan Namboodiri performs Kailasodharanam in Kutiyattam, which is an absorbing piece of drama from the epic Ramayana. The story is about the encounter between the mighty demon King Ravana and Mount Kailasa.
- Malla Sri Durgaparameshwari Yakshagana Kala Mandali performs Yakshagana, the dance drama of the State of Karnataka in South India. The story is about Kamsa, the King of Madhura who tries in vain to kill Lord Krishna, his nephew.
- Margi Sathi presents Nangiarkoothu, the 1500-year-old art form. This story is also based on Kamsa Vadham or the killing of Kamsa the ruler of Madhura, who is the maternal uncle of Lord Krishna.
- In Ottan Thullal Kalamandalam Geethanandan presents Garuda Garva Bhangam or the vanquishing of Garuda’s arrogance. As per the Hindu mythology, Garuda is a huge eagle and the vehicle of Lord Vishnu. Ottan Thullal is a satirical dance drama from Kerala.
- Additional Information
Format MP4 (Download) Duration 60 minutes Subtitle English Hardcoded